What are NSAIDs?
Non-Steroidal Anti-Inflammatory Drugs (NSAIDs) are medications which, as well as having pain-relieving (analgesic) effects, have the effect of reducing inflammation.
The term "non-steroidal" is used to distinguish these drugs from steroids, which also have a similar anti-inflammatory action.
How do NSAIDs work?
NSAIDs work by blocking the production of chemicals in the body known as prostaglandins. This inhibits the chemicals that generate pain and inflammation.
These anti-inflammatory drugs can be very effective when people have joint pain, muscle pain or sports injuries as they help limit the inflammation at the site of injury and speed up the healing and recovery process.
They can be taken orally as tablets or capsules, but topical gels and creams offer a more direct route for the treatment of muscular aches and pains.
How do topical analgesics differ from oral analgesics?
- Topical treatments are applied directly to the area of discomfort, whereas oral treatments dissolve to release their ingredients throughout the whole body
- Topical treatments can be massaged in, which can be soothing and beneficial
- Topical analgesics minimise the risk of side effects by delivering the drug to the area of application. They can also be an effective alternative to oral analgesics.
What is Deep Relief?
Deep Relief contains the NSAID ibuprofen, and levomenthol. It is a clear gel that can be massaged directly onto the area of discomfort. The levomenthol provides an immediate soothing effect whilst the ibuprofen helps bring about pain relief and reduce inflammation.
What is Deep Relief used for?
Reduces inflammation and provides effective pain relief.
Deep Relief can be used for the relief of;
- Rheumatic pain
- Muscular aches and pains
- Swellings such as strains, sprains, backache and sport injuries
- Non-serious arthritic pain (100g Pharmacy only pack)
- Deep Relief is the first remedy to combine Ibuprofen with Levomenthol, giving 2 way pain relief.
- Deep Relief is effective for the relief of rheumatic pain, muscular aches, pains and swelling such as strain, backache and sports injuries.
- Deep Relief is a clear, non sticky and non-greasy gel.
- Available in 30g and 50g (100g P pack only)